Convictions and Values that Drive Missions at Harvest Community Church (HCC)
1) Our mission focus will include intentional efforts to reach unreached/unengaged peoples.
2) Priority will be given to efforts that are intentional about church planting among unreached/ unengaged peoples.
3) Gospel proclamation and works of mercy and compassion in Jesus’ name will usually be present in missional works. Therefore our mission focus will include gospel-centered ministry to the defenseless, hurting, broken and needy.
4) Missional work should prioritize relationships/be relationship-based. (Making disciples is relational).
5) All followers of Jesus are called to participate in God’s mission. Missions is not only about sending a few cross-cultural workers. A “culture of mission” should be increasingly developed at HCC, so that each member can grow in his or her role in God’s mission.
6) We will approach our east Vancouver/Camas/Washougal “neighborhood” with the same missional intentionality as we should cross-culturally.
7) We will prioritize supporting or participating in global/local missions efforts that involve long-term commitment and investment, and that seek to equip and empower indigenous leadership.
8) In assessing where to focus our efforts, in addition to the above –
a) We will actively nurture our relationships with our existing supported mission organizations and compassion ministries.
b) We will keep informed about where God is evidently opening opportunities for gospel and compassion ministry and seek to participate or partner as the Lord leads.
c) We will keep informed about where there is little or no gospel and Christian compassion ministry (unreached/unengaged) and participate or partner as the Lord leads.
d) We will evaluate how the passions and gifts of our body may direct our participation and partnerships.
e) We will consider and evaluate adopting a people group(s) or concentrating efforts in a geographic area for potentially greater relationship investment value and maximizing effectiveness, focus and partnerships.
9) A Missions Team will exist to provide leadership and coordination to missions equipping, planning and support efforts. They will serve as an advisory group to the Elders to assist them in overseeing missions.