Church Membership, part 3
Church membership part 3 – outline
1) What are church members to be primarily focused on according to Matthew 28:18-20 and Philippians 1:27?
2) What is the gospel? 1 Corinthians 15:1-7. Why shouldn’t we be ashamed of the gospel? Romans 1:16-17. What are reasons we don’t share the gospel more often? How can we grow in “gospel fluency” (relating the gospel to all areas of life so it naturally flows from us)?
3) Besides sharing the gospel with those in your life, what are other ways members can work together in making disciples of neighbors and nations?
4) Why is baptism an important part of being a church member? Acts 2:41; 8:12; 10:47-48; 16:15, 33; 19:5; Rom. 6:3-4.
5) What is (are) the role(s) of leaders toward church members? Hebrews 13:17, Acts 20:28, 1 Timothy 5:17. How does having a specific membership commitment help leaders care for members? And how does this help members to know their leaders? 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
6) To be a member of Harvest, write out your Christians testimony, affirm you were baptized or be baptized, and affirm you agree with our “What We Believe” and “Commitments” statements. If you have been attending Harvest for one year or less, either participate in the nine week Harvest Life group, or in a shorter group series that will be offered.