Love One Another
Scripture: 1 John 3:11–3:18
True Life: 1 John
Love one another
1 John 3:11-18
Those who have eternal life should love one another in action and truth
1 John 3:11-18
11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12 We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 17 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
1) We should love one another and not be like Cain who was of the evil one, 3:11-12.
2) We should not be surprised that the world hates us, 3:13.
3) We know we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers, 3:14.
4) Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer who doesn’t have eternal life, 3:15.
5) This is love: Christ laid down His life for us so we lay down our lives for our brothers, 3:16.
6) We know God’s love abides in us if we don’t close our hearts to our brothers in need, 3:17.
7) Let’s not love in word or talk, but in action and reality, 3:18.