Reading God's Word
Passage: 2 Timothy 3:14–3:17
Commitments for a healthy church
Reading God’s Word
2 Timothy 3:14-17
Read God’s Word so that you may be equipped for every good work
(from Harvest’s Statement of Commitments): In dependence upon the gracious help of the Holy Spirit, I commit to growing in faith in and practice of the following:
Personal spiritual life. I will endeavor to maintain a close relationship with the Lord Jesus through regular personal Bible reading, prayer, confession of sin, and practice of the other spiritual disciplines.
1) We must continue in what we have learned from God’s Word, 2 Tim. 3:14.
2) The Scriptures are able to make us wise for salvation through faith in Christ, 2 Tim. 3:15.
3) All Scripture is the inspired Word of God, 2 Tim. 3:16.
4) All Scripture is useful for teaching in righteousness and for correcting us, 2 Tim. 3:16.
5) Read God’s word so that you may be completely equipped for every good work, 2 Tim. 3:17.
Principles for reading God’s Word
Plan to read the Bible every day.
Read the Bible every day.
Read the Bible with prayer.
Read the Bible in context.
Consider how the passage connects to Jesus.
Meditate on Scripture every day.
Believe and obey Scripture every day.
Share with someone what impacted you from Scripture.